Adam Miron from Brane Capital talks about the growing role of blockchain & cryptocurrency in the present financial sector and the changing asset management methods
With at least 20 start-ups under his belt, Adam Miron is a well-known figure in political and media circles in Ottawa and across Canada. He is the entrepreneur in residence at Thompson Rivers University and sits on the board of several companies, from start-ups to multi-million-dollar corporations. Adam is the executive chairman and co-founder of the Ottawa-based cryptocurrency company Brane Capital.
1. Tell us about your role in Brane Capital?
I’m the Executive Chairman, which means I get to roll up my sleeves and work with the management team on a daily basis.
2. Can you tell us about your journey into this market?
Brane’s journey began three years ago when we wanted to create an ETF-like vehicle where we could purchase a large amount of digital assets and provide access, security, and liquidity to this asset class to the masses. In doing so we realized that none of the custody solutions were good enough and that was an even bigger need/gap in the market that we knew we could fill. Today, I’m proud to say that we are ISO 27001 and 27017 certified and we have NIST lvl 4 – by far one of the most certified custodians.
3. How do you think technology is changing the financial Sector?
When we succeed every day clients will be able to deposit digital assets directly into their bank account and see them there, in their banking app, along with there checking account, mortgage, etc. In that,
we are solving a problem for the end consumer (who want to be able to have centralized access to all their assets) and the problem for the banks (that they aren’t making a penny of a growing part of the world’s economy).
4. How has introduction of digital assets enhanced investment sector of market?
The more interest and investments digital assets receive; the more people look to the safe keeping – custody – of the assets.
5. With blockchain and cryptocurrency catching pase, what are your predictions about the future of fintech industry?
We believe that the demand for custodial services for digital assets – what we do – is expected to grow to $2.2 Trillion by 2030.
6. What advice would like to give to the Start Ups?
Focus on one thing, not many. Don’t be afraid to pivot when you see that you are wrong. Hustle like everything depends on it.
7. What work related hack do you follow to enjoy maximum productivity?
I switch out of work-mode “Adam” by changing by clothes. Even when working from home. Work “Adam” acts, thinks, and talks like the Executive Chairman. Home “Adam” wears different clothes and acts differently.
8. How do you prepare for an AI-centric world?
We are doing research in machine-learning to optimize our product.
9. What are the major developments you are planning, in recent times?
One day, in the not so different future, we will be licensed and regulated like a Trust bank.
10. Can you tell us about your team and how it supports you?
Brane has an incredible team; a visionary founder, a seasoned CFO who is also an industry expert, and some of the best developers in this country.
11. Which Book are you reading these days?
I just finished Maximum Momentum by Mike Berland, but in the last few days my book, Billion Dollar Startup – about the last company I co-founded just showed up in Amazon for pre-sales.
12. Can you give us a glance of the applications you use on your phone?
Linkedin, Luminosity, Auto-trader, and Garmin Connect.