FNEX, LLC, a financial technology and services company, today announced the pending Initial Public Offering (IPO) of the FNEX Ventures Fund (XFNEX) on the NASDAQ*. This fund is effective, and once launched will be operating as a closed-end interval fund, with pooled holdings of late-stage venture-backed private companies (pre-IPO companies), chosen from the FNEX Target List of companies maintained by FNEX Advisor, LLC the registered investment advisor managing the FNEX Ventures Fund. The FNEX Target List can be found at http://www.FNEXVENTURES.com.
The Fund will seek to acquire shares in tech-enabled, rapid growth private companies that have received investments from notable venture capital firms. The fund intends to capitalize on the growth in the valuation of companies in their last few rounds of financing. The Fund intends to acquire shares primarily through secondary transactions but may participate in a primary capacity on an opportunistic basis. fintech news
“The IPO has in effect gone private. Even Reuters has acknowledged this, stating “the Pre-IPO market has become the IPO market of the past, but is only available to investors such as venture capital firms, mutual funds, and hedge funds.” Companies are staying private much longer these days, and much of the value inflection that is created in a company’s growth cycle is occurring while the companies remain private. The retail investor is cut out of this market, which is traditionally reserved for institutional investors. XFNEX aims to provide the average investor with exposure to this private market of stocks.” said Todd R. Ryden, CEO of FNEX, LLC.
“I am very excited about a strategy like this coming to market. Retail investors have typically been cut out of Pre-IPO growth opportunities, and funds like this give our clients access to an investment and asset class they haven’t had in the past.” Said Chad Manberg, a Certified Financial Planner at Strategic Income Group of Chandler Arizona
FNEX, LLC, a financial technology and services company, independent investment banking advisor, operates a private securities marketplace, connecting accredited and institutional investors to investment opportunities in private companies, hedge funds, and other alternative products. FNEX’s mission is to help investors source investment opportunities. For more information, please go to http://www.FNEX.com and http://www.FNEXCapital.com.
FNEX, LLC owns 50% of the FNEX Advisor, LLC. and is also the primary owner of Applied Capital, LLC (d/b/a FNEX Capital, LLC). FNEX Capital, LLC is the Broker-Dealer to FNEX Advisor, LLC, the Advisor to the FNEX Ventures Fund.
Media Contact: Operations@m3sixty.net; 1-877-244-6235
*Although effective, the Fund is not yet available to invest. After launching, an investor will be able to make a purchase directly from the Fund by mail or bank wire. The Fund will not be available for purchase directly on NASDAQ. Please see the prospectus for further details.
Investment in the Fund involves substantial risks and is highly speculative. There is no guarantee that the Fund will achieve its investment objective. The Fund is not appropriate for investors who cannot bear the risk of loss of all or part of their investment or who may need to liquidate all or part of their investment in a short time frame.
- The Fund’s shares will not be listed on an exchange and it is not anticipated that a secondary market will develop. Accordingly, you may not be able to sell shares of the Fund when or in the amount that you desire. Investors should consider shares of the Fund to be an illiquid investment. Thus, the Funds’ shares are appropriate only as a long-term investment.
- The amount of distributions that the Fund may pay, if any, is uncertain.
- A Fund shareholder will not be able to redeem his, her, or its shares on a daily basis because the Fund is a closed-end fund. In addition, the Fund’s shares are subject to restrictions on transferability, and liquidity will be provided by the Fund only through quarterly repurchase offers or transfer of shares as described herein. An investment in the Fund is appropriate only for investors who can bear the risks associated with the limited liquidity of the Fund’s shares and should be viewed as a long-term investment.
- The companies in which the Fund invests may have limited financial resources and may be unable to meet their obligations with their existing working capital, which may lead to equity financings that dilute the Fund’s holdings, bankruptcy or liquidation, and consequently the reduction or loss in the value of the Fund’s portfolio investment.
- Investors in the Fund need to understand that such companies carry a high degree of investment risk because many of these firms may fail or not achieve their performance or financial objectives.
- The Fund’s shares have no trading history and are repurchased at their fair market value, which may be less than the purchase price paid.
- The Fund is non-diversified and may invest in a smaller number of individual Targeted Portfolio Companies and financial instruments, including investing in each security to a greater degree, than a diversified investment company. As a result, the Fund may be more vulnerable and subject to greater volatility than a fund that is more broadly diversified.
- Technology sector risk includes volatility, intense competition, decreasing life cycles, product obsolescence, changing consumer preferences and periodic downturns.
- Targeted portfolio companies may have limited financial resources and may be unable to meet their obligations and Fund’s holdings could be substantially diluted if the Fund does not or cannot participate, bankruptcy or liquidation and the reduction or loss of the Fund’s investment.
- The Fund may invest in small and/or unseasoned companies with small market capitalization. Such companies generally have the potential for rapid growth, but often involve higher risks than larger companies.
Before investing you should carefully consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. This and other information is in the prospectus, a copy of which may be obtained by calling 1-877-244-6235. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Distributed by Foreside Financial Services, LLC