GoHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: GOCO), a leading health insurance marketplace and Medicare-focused digital health company, today announced financial results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2022.
- Second quarter 2022 Medicare Submitted Policies of 177,911 increased 9% compared to the prior year period. YTD 2022 Medicare Submitted Policies of 478,554 increased 38% compared to the prior year period.
- Second quarter 2022 net revenue of $158.7 million decreased 19% compared to the prior year period. YTD 2022 net revenue of $429.2 million increased 7% compared to the prior year period.
- Second quarter 2022 net loss of $113.8 million compared to a net loss of $39.2 million in the prior year period. YTD 2022 net loss of $151.0 million compared to a net loss of $46.5 million in the prior year period.
- Second quarter 2022 Adjusted EBITDA1 of negative $31.7 million compared to Adjusted EBITDA1 of $14.3 million in the prior year period. YTD 2022 Adjusted EBITDA1 of negative $20.7 million compared to Adjusted EBITDA1 of $46.4 million in the prior year period.
- YTD 2022 positive cash flow from operations of $6.4 million compared to cash flow used in operations of $32.3 million in the prior year period.
“GoHealth has established itself as the volume leader in the Medicare Advantage e-broker space with a strong technology backbone, differentiated carrier relationships, and an innovative product portfolio. Our industry is facing a natural inflection point as competitive dynamics amongst our carrier partners and the needs of Medicare beneficiaries evolve. With that as our backdrop, we have embarked on a meaningful transformation for the organization with a renewed focus on high-quality customer experience, efficiency, and cash flow,” said Vijay Kotte, GoHealth’s Chief Executive Officer.
“I am confident in our team as we reposition the Company for success, and do not believe this quarter’s results represent the financial performance we are capable of achieving,” said Kotte.”We are happy to report that the initial positive interest we received in our new Encompass Connect and Engage modules has resulted in contracts with each of our major carrier partners. We’re ramping up these programs and expect to be fully deployed for this upcoming AEP. The expanded Encompass platform provides better carrier alignment, predictability, transparency, and unit economics, while also driving more cash into the business,” said Kotte.
Mr. Kotte continued, “We expect our strategic moves, including the cost actions recently taken and the future ramp-up of our Encompass programs, to materially strengthen our ability to achieve cash flow breakeven on a trailing twelve-month basis by the middle of next year. While I believe we are now well positioned to execute on our goals, we have made the prudent decision to suspend the Company’s previously issued quantitative guidance for the remainder of 2022. We expect to provide more color regarding full year 2022 on our third quarter earnings later this fall.”
“We have a great deal of opportunity ahead of us as we transform our unique services and our differentiated Encompass platform with an eye toward quality and customer experience. We are eager to dig in and look forward to sharing updates on our progress over the coming quarters,” concluded Mr. Kotte.
Additional Second Quarter 2022 Items of Note
- On August 9, 2022, the Company eliminated 835 full-time positions, representing approximately 23.7% of our workforce, primarily within our customer care and enrollment group. Total expected severance and employee-related charges are projected to be approximately $7.0 – $9.0 million and are primarily related to termination and employee-related benefits. These charges will be settled in cash.
- The Company also announced it reached an agreement with its lenders to amend the Company’s term debt facility to better align the debt covenants with the Company’s trajectory of turnaround and growth. Details of the amended credit facilities are set forth on a Form 8-K filed with the SEC.
Conference Call Details
The Company will host a conference call today, Monday, August 15, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. (ET) to discuss its financial results. Participants can pre-register for the conference call at the following link: https://register.vevent.com/register/BI000b356a45c24452aea2f52ec20378bd. A live audio webcast of the conference call will be available via GoHealth’s Investor Relations website, https://investors.gohealth.com/. A replay of the call will be available via webcast for on-demand listening shortly after the completion of the call.
For more such Updates Log on to https://fintecbuzz.com/ Follow us on Google News Fintech News