Step, the leading mobile banking platform on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation, announced the launch of Step Black Visa Signature® – a revolutionary rewards card that builds credit, not debt.1 After amassing a waitlist of over 100,000 people, Step Black is now available to the public, offering up to 8% cashback on purchases and over $500 in annual perks.
Step Black reimagines the traditional rewards card, combining the credit-building capabilities and control of secured cards with premium benefits typically reserved for people with exceptional credit. Most notably, there is no credit check required to get the 17g metal card.
“So many young adults face barriers when it comes to accessing top-tier rewards programs, whether due to lack of established credit or concerns about incurring excessive debt,” said Founder & CEO CJ MacDonald. “Step Black celebrates responsible spending in a way that no other rewards card does. It elevates the everyday, builds credit, and ultimately paves the way to a more promising financial future.”
Step Black isn’t just a rewards card; it is a complete banking platform that offers:
- Up to 8% cash back on card purchases
- Credit building and credit score monitoring
- 5% on FDIC-insured savings balances up to $1M
- On-demand borrowing2
- Early access to paychecks3
- Investing with as little as $1
- Priority customer support
“I’ve been using Step for years and love the financial benefits it offers, but I couldn’t be more excited to have a rewards card that perfectly aligns with my lifestyle,” said Kyle “Bugha” Giersdorf, professional Fortnite player and investor. “This card speaks directly to me and my community, rewarding us for purchases across gaming and beyond. Whether you’re a gamer, foodie, enjoy traveling, or like to shop, the Step Black Card has something for everyone. And the fact that you don’t need to have a certain credit score is truly game-changing for people my age that can’t qualify for cards that typically offer these benefits.”
Members also get access to over $500 in annual lifestyle and travel perks, like:
- Access to thousands of top-rated boutique fitness studios and gyms
- The best-priced tickets to live events – concerts, comedy shows, sports games
- Bonuses and special experiences when dining out at top restaurants
- Unbeatable shopping deals on premium apparel and trending accessories
- Discounts on unlimited data, talk, text, and wireless plan subscriptions
- Exclusive Visa Signature presale access and one free ticket per show to Sofar Sounds shows, guest status at Visa Signature Luxury Hotel properties, and rotating merchant offers
“Visa is proud to build on our partnership with Step and introduce Step Black Visa Signature, an innovative premium card built for the next generation of customers,” said Patrick Williams, Head of Global Fintech Partnerships, Visa. “It’s a testament to our joint commitment to making young adults’ financial journeys as seamless as possible, ensuring every step customers take towards reaching their fullest financial potential is marked with memorable experiences and best-in-class benefits.”
Stay Ahead of the Financial Curve with Our Latest Fintech News Updates!