Z Capital Group, L.L.C. (“Z Capital” or the “Firm”), a leading alternative asset manager of value-oriented private equity and credit funds, today announced the following hires and promotions across the Firm, which expand Z Capital’s strong bench of directors.
- Matthew Kane, has been appointed General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer. Mr. Kane has also been appointed to Z Capital’s Management Committee. Mr. Kane joined Z Capital as Deputy General Counsel in 2014. He is responsible for providing legal advice on value-oriented private equity transactions in due diligence, legal oversight of portfolio companies, mergers & acquisitions and litigation.
- Cheryl Gioioso, has been named Director of Human Resources. Ms. Gioioso joined Z Capital in 2015 and is responsible for the oversight of human resources, including the development and implementation of human capital strategies within the firm. Additionally, Ms. Gioioso is responsible for the management of legal administration.
- Gina Scarpa, has been promoted to Director in the Legal department. Ms. Scarpa joined Z Capital in 2017 as Corporate Counsel and is responsible for assisting the Investment Team in due diligence, legal oversight of portfolio companies and compliance. She is also a member of the Investment Team of Z Capital.
- Peter Loibner, has been promoted to Director on the Private Equity Investment Team. Mr. Loibner joined Z Capital in 2017 and is responsible for research and analysis of existing and prospective portfolio company investments. He also serves on the Board of Directors for CTM Holding Inc. and Modere, Inc.
- James Cuber, has been promoted to Director on the Credit Team. Mr. Cuber joined Z Capital in 2015 and is responsible for research and analysis of existing and prospective portfolio leveraged finance investments. He is also a member of the Investment Team for Z Capital Credit Partners.
- Marko Punda, has been promoted to Director on the Credit Team. Mr. Punda joined Z Capital in 2014 and is responsible for daily middle office credit operations. He is also a member of the Investment Team for Z Capital Credit Partners.
- Glenn Walsh, has been made an Operating Partner. Mr. Walsh joined Z Capital in 2016 and is responsible for talent acquisition on behalf of Z Capital and its portfolio companies.
- Taylor Herron, has been made an Operating Associate. Mr. Herron joined Z Capital in 2018 and is responsible for supporting all aspects of portfolio company reporting and performance evaluation.
- Aakash Sharma, has been hired as a Compliance Associate. Mr. Sharma is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all aspects related to the Firm’s compliance program. Prior to joining Z Capital, Mr. Sharma served as a Senior Compliance Analyst at ACA Compliance Group, a leading provider of governance, risk and compliance advisory services and technology solutions.
- Martin Halle, CPA, CMA, has been made an Operating Director. Mr. Halle is responsible for the management of portfolio company financial matters, including oversight of portfolio company reporting, finance transformation initiatives and due diligence on new investments. Prior to joining Z Capital, Mr. Halle was engaged as a consultant providing C-Suite advisory services to middle-market companies.
- Ryan Paskin, CPA, has been made an Operating Director. Mr. Paskin is responsible for the management of portfolio company financial matters, including oversight of portfolio company reporting, finance transformation initiatives and due diligence on new investments. Prior to joining Z Capital, Mr. Paskin was a senior manager with CohnReznick LLP, a large national accounting and advisory firm.
- Zaid Elouad, has been made an Operating Analyst on the Private Equity Investment/Operations Team. Mr. Elouad is responsible for supporting all aspects of portfolio company matters, including oversight of company reporting and strategic finance transformation initiatives to aid senior management teams to identify and evaluate growth opportunities. Prior to joining Z Capital, Mr. Elouad was an FP&A Analyst at Lafayette 148, a women’s fashion brand, where he was responsible for the financial planning, budgeting and reporting efforts as well as firm-wide strategic growth initiatives.
About Z Capital Group
Z Capital is a privately held alternative asset management firm having approximately $2.3 billion of regulatory assets under management across complementary private equity and credit businesses. Z Capital manages both value-oriented private equity and credit funds.
Z Capital’s investors are some of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional investors including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, and insurance companies.
The Z Capital investment strategies and private equity portfolio companies are described at www.zcapgroup.net.
Jonathan Keehner / Julie Oakes / Kate Clark
Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher
SOURCE Z Capital Group, L.L.C.
SOURCE URL: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/z-capital-group-announces-promotions-and-new-hires-300793256.html